Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Style Influences and Inspirations


Hello, friends! Today, I've decided to share my style inspirations and influences because it's been incredibly cold in Tennessee these past few days, and I haven't left my house since Sunday night. I'm the biggest baby when it comes to snow and cold weather, so you won't be seeing any pictures of me standing outside in my outfit of the day any time soon.


Lou Teasdale
 In the middle of summer last year, I made the decision that I would dress grunge-y when the weather got cooler. This goal was pretty intimidating because, as you will come to see, my style is everywhere. Pinning it down to one mode was difficult. I looked to Lou Teasdale to learn how to execute the style, and, while I’ve kind of strayed from my original goal, the way I dress is still heavily influenced by her. She seems to be so comfortable in her skin and she her style is soooo 90s, but not in an outdated or tacky way. She’s fantastic. Also, look at her hair.


Rachel Green
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is one of my all time favorite shows, not only for the perfect humor and lovable characters, but also because Rachel Green’s wardrobe is fabulous. She is queen of the classic white tee, and I can only dream of looking as good as she does in overalls. She even looks incredible in her pajamas and loungewear. I think it’s in one of the earlier scenes where Rachel Green wears this white sweater that says USA in bold navy print tucked into a black mini skirt and black tights, and I will never get over it. 


Demi Lovato

My feelings for Demi Lovato can be summed up in two words: girl crush. Her hair/makeup/outfits are always spot on, and when I grow up, I want to be her. I think Demi’s blonde hair was the sub-conscience inspiration for dying my hair ombre last July— I’m not brave enough to go full blonde, so I had went half-sies. Demi Lovato’s style is so pretty and fun that I think of summer when I see a picture of her. I’m sitting here trying to type words that describe her style better, but the only sentence my brain can come up with is, “I love her so much.”


Harry Styles
Yes, there are more pictures of Harry Styles, but are you complaining?

 There are quite a few mornings when I look in the mirror and say, “I am dressed like Harry Styles today.” As he is a young man, and I am a young woman, I’m not sure if this is a good thing, but, nonetheless, we have very similar styles. He is often seen wearing skinny jeans, a loose fitting, plaid shirt or band tee, and a beanie or scarf pulling back his hair. When I want to be comfortable, yet still confident that I look good, I go to that sort of look. I don’t know if it’s weird that I’m taking style cues from Harry Styles, but it is what it is.


I hope you guys enjoyed this brief overview of people who have been influencing my style as of late. Hopefully,  I'll post a style post this week.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment